approximate dimensions: 10" wide x 8 high"
Three filters in one! The Decorative ReptoFilter is designed for easy placement in any corner of your aquatic terrarium - ideal for shallow water terrariums 4-6 inches of water. The powerful 90 gph pump provides three-stage filter performance to keep your aquatic environment healthy.
- For frogs, newts & turtles
- Fits great in a 10 gallon or larger aquarium (designed to fit in the corner of an aquarium).
- Easy to set up & easy to clean (just replace the cartridge)
- Dual function lid! The lid on the Decorative ReptoFilter keeps reptiles out and doubles as a basking platform.
- Realistic natural stone appearance - blends beautifully with other rocks and vegetation.
- Innovative combination of filtration & decoration
- Creates an instant waterfall
- Keeps water clear with three-stage filtration
- Removes orders
- Filters up to 55-gallon shallow water aquatic terrariums
- Uses easily replaceable cartridges
- Full 2 year warranty by TetraFauna
Ideal for Shallow Waters:
The Decorative ReptoFilter is ideal for the low water level (4-6 inches) aquatic environments preferred by turtles, newts and frogs.
- It's a Mechanical Filter: The filter moves water from the terrarium through nine concealed intake holes and pulls it through two Bio-Bag filter cartridges where dense, dual sided mesh catches debris and waste.
- It's a Chemical Filter: Ultra-activated carbon inside the Bio-Bag cartridges removes odors and discoloration better than competing cartridges.
- It's a Biological Filter: Water exits top of filter to create a waterfall. The action of the water cascading over the rocks provides ideal conditions for bacteria to break down ammonia and nitrates in the water.
10 Tips for Terrific Terrariums:
- To create a shallow water area, use a pre-formed reptile pool, or make your own from a plastic plant pot.
- For larger bodies of water, separate the land mass with a strip of glass or plastic. Use aquarium silicone for a watertight seal.
- When building an environment for turtles, do not put gravel in the bottom of the water area.
- Cover gravel or soil in dry areas with moss to add warmth, color and character.
- Add rocks, twigs, driftwood, leaves or small branches to enhance the terrarium's natural appearance.
- Bring your habitat to life by plantscaping with a variety of live plants suitable for terrariums.
- As a practical alternative to live plants, consider plastic or silk plants, which require little or no maintenance.
- Lighting can be used to create periods of day and night. Do not exceed 8-10 hours of light per day.
- Incorporate an appropriate background photo or potted plants behind your terrarium to complete your terrarium's natural look.
- If you intend to keep a variety of reptile species together, consult your local pet retailer first for guidance and compatibility.
Experiment and have fun!
PRESS RELEASE FROM TetraFauna:
Tetra: Design and Function Unite with Tetrafauna’s Decorative ReptoFilter
Tetrafauna Decorative ReptoFilter
Blacksburg, VA – Tetrafauna has introduced an innovative combination of filtration and decoration for frogs, newts and turtles with the Decorative ReptoFilter. This hidden filter provides clear, healthy water while creating a beautiful waterfall and basking area for reptiles.
The Decorative ReptoFilter is an easy way to instantly transform your vivarium into an elegant aquascape, with a state-of-the-art filtering system hidden from view. The realistic rock décor imitates the majestic beauty of a peaceful waterfall. As close to nature as you can get, the Decorative ReptoFilter offers your reptile ample opportunities to relax and to play.
The Decorative ReptoFilter features integrated, three-stage Whisper filtration to remove debris, discoloration, odors and ammonia from the vivarium. Designed for ease of use, Whisper filters use easy-to-change Bio-Bag filter cartridges, making it simple to maintain clear aquarium water.
For hassle-free use, the filter system features large water-intake holes that prevent clogging. A locking cover prevents animals from entering the filtration area and provides an ideal basking area.
Easy to install, the Decorative ReptoFilter is ready for a vivarium straight out of the box and works in aquarium sizes up to 55 gallons.
TetraCare, a free aquarium support program provided by Tetra, offers access to reptile care e-mails, FAQ’s, tutorials and customer support. Signing up is easy at www.tetra-fish.com.
United Pet Group (UPG), a global manufacturer of premium pet products, is a division of Spectrum Brands. UPG-Aquatic’s brands include Tetra, Marineland, Instant Ocean and Jungle Laboratories. Companion Animal brands include 8 in1, Dingo, Nature’s Miracle, Lazy Pet, FIRSTRAX and JungleTalk. Spectrum Brands (NYSE: SPC) is a global consumer products company and a leading supplier of batteries, lawn and garden care products, specialty pet supplies and shaving and grooming products.